Re: [OM] A65 request for image quality evaluation.

Subject: Re: [OM] A65 request for image quality evaluation.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:06:12 -0400
Zone-10 is off-line at the moment so I can't take a look.

Perhaps you needed some coffee when writing about focal lengths used for the test. You mention using f/8 and f/4.5 but then refer to them as the best focal lengths.

As to camera aspect ratios the A65 is 3:2 just like 35mm. The A200 is 4:3 just like the E cameras. If you use the same focal length equivalents the angle of coverage diagonally across the frame should be the same in both. But that also means the angles of coverage both vertically and horizontally are not the same. The crop factor for the A200 compared to 35mm is 3.94. The crop factor for the A200 is 1.5. If you use the Minolta 50/1.7 on the A65 its equivalent 35mm focal length is 75mm. Choosing the same equivalent for the A200 requires 75/3.94 = 19mm.

Awaiting a look

Chuck Norcutt