Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 06:30:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>       I've had my own distractions.  Bought a fairly clean 1975 Peugeot
>> bicycle at a thrift store
>>this morning and I just got finished working on it.  Nothing seriously wrong
>>with it, and there was
>a very pleasant surprise as I was cleaning it up.
>>

>A very pleasant surprise as you were cleaning it up
>........................... "Made in China but designed in Paris" :-)

     No.  I was replacing the chainring guard and decided to do a little
cleaning of the chainrings.  As I was doing so, a small engraved emblem
appeared.  I had assumed that the cottered crankset was the usual Nervar as
that was standard equipment for Peugeot at the time.  Instead, it was a Cyclo,
and not the usual riveted together one but instead the nine-bolt design.

     Not much is known about Cyclo.  It seems to have been a consortium of
small manufacturers in Britain, France, and perhaps the Benelux countries.  I
have other parts made by them, and I really like their unigue freewheel design.
 I recently acquired one of their sliding rod front derailleurs.

>jh
>

>On 6/14/2014 6:27 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
>>> Still haven't had a moment to get to my test images, but recently I did do
>>> a bumch of testing with lens filters on digital for several reasons. It
>>> really is a miracle that any of this stuff works.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>>       - Hunter S. Thompson
>
>--

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson