Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:10:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>I'm still afraid there's a HUGE misunderstanding Chris.
>>
>>Look carefully here :
>>http://www.olympusamerica.com/crm/oneoffpages/ask_oly/crm_e_ask_oly_07_07.asp
>>
>>I've been trying for the start to explain that you don't need to carry glass
>>filters if you shoot
>>raw/ORF and post process from there.
>>Your PC/MAC and post-processing software are so much more powerful than the
>>poor chip on board any
>>camera.
>>
>>This being said, I'm running short of arguments as you seem to be willing to
>>stick with settings of
>>no value for what you want to achieve I'm afraid.
>>

>     Alright already!  I'll take a look at that.

     Okay, I finally got my morning backlog taken care of and I've looked at
this page.  I pretty much understood most of this, but there is still some
ambiguity as to the matter of the emulated colour filters.  The question
remains as to if they are applied when you shoot the photo or if they are
applied when doing the RAW to JPEG conversion.  My earlier experiments when
shooting in JPEG B&W gave me the impression that they were NOT being applied at
that level.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson