Re: [OM] Olympus Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Software
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 16:29:41 -0400
your RAW files are most likely changing size *slightly* due to use of some lossless compression method. They're probably not changing file size more than about 10%. What they're not doing is changing the image size or total pixel count. JPEG images can be set to modify the total size of the image (perhaps large, medium or small) but can also be set to modify the quality of the image. A lower quality image will have a smaller file size even though it may have the same pixel dimensions as a higher quality JPEG image.

Chuck Norcutt