Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 01:51:41 +1200

Thanks all for your comments.

To Andrew, the cat's OK! I'm not
100% certain it was him, but I can think of no other realistic reason
for my feet to totally stall except for 10 kg of cat lying across my
slipper-clad feet in such a way that I did not feel him there. Of
course, as soon as he sensed that I was falling he'd scram out of there
on the assumption that I was out to get him ... So I didn't actually see
him, but I did realise a few seconds before that he disapproved of the
food I set out for him, and this would be totally in character for him.

For Chuck; yes, sometimes shoulders can get out of whack; maybe the
way you slept ...

When my now 31 yo son was about 10 yo, he left a
piece of very heavy 4 x 2 ( or 2 x 4 for those in the USA) lying across
our concrete back yard where I was living then. It was very heavy
hardwood.

Several times I told him it dangerous to leave it there, and
would he please put it back to where it came from ...

One day after a
week or two, I was walking in that area with a spade in my left hand and
a mug of coffee in the right, and as I was walking something drew my
attention so that I looked back over my left shoulder while continuing
to walk. Bad decision.

I tripped over that 4 x 2 and managed to do a
perfect judo breakfall ( I was in training at the time - automatic
response), so that I didn't spill any coffee, lose the spade, or smash
my face on the concrete. But I did manage to smash both knee-caps. Never
went to the doctor, and they healed over time. They are still crinkly to
touch. Many months later the Doc said I had fractured them.

I think I
ended up moving the 4 x 2 myself.

Brian