Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 15:07:20 -0500
Hi Brian,
I'm glad that things are going well for you. At 84, I am well aware how quickly normal activities can get us in trouble.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 5/18/2014 2:46 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
You might recall that some weeks ? 6? ago, I was felled by our cat,
injuring one knee (deep abrasion) and left shoulder muscles.

The news
is that finally, after several weeks, my knee has healed very well and
my shoulder is about 95% OK, to the extent that I have resumed cautious
rowing machine exercise.

Having had a good look in wikipedia about the
musculature of the shoulder joint and the shoulder blade, I am much more
respectful of that very complex area. I just have to restore the
strength and function there.

The loss of the use of one arm is not a
trivial matter.

At my age, seemingly it doesn't take a whole lot to
throw your body and life out of whack, as the saying goes, and it takes
more effort to regain lost ground, if that is even possible.

Onwards
and upwards :-) Brian