Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 13:20:10 -0700
On 5/18/2014 12:46 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
You might recall that some weeks ? 6? ago, I was felled by our cat,
injuring one knee (deep abrasion) and left shoulder muscles.

The news
is that finally, after several weeks, my knee has healed very well and
my shoulder is about 95% OK, to the extent that I have resumed cautious
rowing machine exercise.

Glad you are almost back to full function.

I'm sure some regular ingestion of Bigos would have hurried the process along, and would finish the healing job, as well as put some meat on your bones.

Having had a good look in wikipedia about the
musculature of the shoulder joint and the shoulder blade, I am much more
respectful of that very complex area. I just have to restore the
strength and function there.

The loss of the use of one arm is not a trivial matter.

A loose tread recently dumped me unceremoniously on a concrete walkway. I got off with a very slight abrasion on one knee, a slight foot strain that was gone in 2-3 days - and a sore little finger on my left hand.

As the swelling went down, I realized there was something loose at the end phalanx. When I typed, there would be a funny little 'click' feeling and it would get achy.

I think I broke the smallest bone in my hands. And even that little thing gets in the way of regular activities. A shoulder would really slow one down.

I now have a little home made splint taped to it, can type easily and nothing
hurts.

D. P. Moose