Re: [OM] OT: WinXP Security Update

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: WinXP Security Update
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 21:01:35 -0700
On 5/4/2014 8:36 AM, Chris Trask wrote:

      I wouldn't use any security stuff from Microsoft to begin with.  There's
little to no guaranteee that they are not manipulating things to gain access to
your machine innards, which virus and spyware writers will later take advantage
of.  I've been using AVG or Avast! for antivirus and Spybot for spyware years
now and I'm thoroughly happy with them.

And yet ... You have reported far more trouble with apparent viruses, malware and apparent OS failures here than I have ever encountered. I switched from various other antivirus solutions to MS Security Essentials shortly after it became available. I also use a firewall and run malwarebytes occasionally.

I agree with Chuck that your paranoia, whether justified in general or not, is
misdirected in this case.

Buen Ware Moose