Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 16:19:45 -0500
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Steve Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I completely agree.  I have a 2-8-0 and two SD70ACe N scale engines with
> sound, but they're only used when visitors want to "see the trains."  They
> love to blow the horn/whistle and watch the gates go down at road crossings
> and stuff like that.  For operating sessions, the sound units are put away
> and we stick to running the trains.  I would think the mayhem of ten
> sound-equipped units all running at the same time would drive me (more)
> nuts, especially when they sound like AM radios in N scale.

The problem now is that they tend to sell them either DC or DCC/Sound
without the DCC/NoSound option.  I guess I need to go the "install your own
decoder" route, but that just adds a layer of work.

I have several N locos that need decoders, including a Kato GP50, a Kato
RS-3, and an SD-45.  I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and pay
someone more insane than myself to install those decoders.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie