Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 13:45:40 -0500
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Steve Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
Yeah, I just bought my first one with sound.  It's an Athearn GP-50 (C&NW
version).  Ran around $250 in HO. (I will eventually have an N-scale layout
at home, probably with DCC as well)  I have this argument all the time with
the guys at the club - I can only suspend disbelief so much when it comes
to sound.  I don't care what you say, you're not going to get anything
decent out of a 1" (or in the case of N, even smaller) speaker stuffed into
a plastic shell.  No matter what they say about how realistic it sounds,
you canna change the laws o' physics, Cap'n.  You're not going to get full
response out of what amounts to a tiny tweeter.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie