Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy
From: Steve Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 17:12:51 -0400 (EDT)
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Braun
>I have this argument all the time with
the guys at the club - I can only suspend disbelief so much when it comes
to sound.  I don't care what you say, you're not going to get anything
decent out of a 1" (or in the case of N, even smaller) speaker stuffed into
a plastic shell.  No matter what they say about how realistic it sounds,
you canna change the laws o' physics, Cap'n.  You're not going to get full
response out of what amounts to a tiny tweeter.

I completely agree.  I have a 2-8-0 and two SD70ACe N scale engines with sound,
but they're only used when visitors want to "see the trains."  They love to
blow the horn/whistle and watch the gates go down at road crossings and stuff
like that.  For operating sessions, the sound units are put away and we stick
to running the trains.  I would think the mayhem of ten sound-equipped units
all running at the same time would drive me (more) nuts, especially when they
sound like AM radios in N scale.

Steve Troy