Re: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:02:31 -0400
Brian

Chuck is right.
Some programs do store data in the programs files directory. After you reinstall
the application, you may be able to copy over data. Depends on the
application.

You certainly shouldn't copy over executables, since you don't know their
status.

Also, if your previous drive is intact, you may be able to run a virus scan
against it.
That is often more effective since the OS is offline. Sometimes I find I need to
reboot to the old version, just to recall settings I may need for new OS.

WayneS