[OM] [OT] Computers - XP

Subject: [OM] [OT] Computers - XP
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:02:01 -0500 (EST)
Back Up Moose writes:

>>This misses Chuck's point. With a clone, one simply swaps drives* and
boots up. No Windoze restore, no third party restore, no USB. It's a
different >>approach.
>>It's also the most practical way to swap in a new boot drive.

>>Incremental cloner, Mike

>>Incremental backupper, I think?

>>* Or put the clone in a toaster and boot from there.

Odd wording on their site. It "images/clones " in the sense that all
the programs and OS are copied and can be restored to a new drive.
Thus the incremental "backups" are really incremental images/clones,
no?    Ambiguous wording on their site I suppose.
This page is clearer:

http://www.shadowprotect.com/backup-solutions/image-clone-drives

"•Image/clone Windows operating systems and servers
•Image the entire hard drive (files, programs, operating system)

•ShadowProtect continuously makes full or incremental images of the
hard drive as often as every 15 minutes
•Seemlessly restore a single file, directory or an entire disk to the
same or dissimilar hardware or to a virtual machine"

It can do a "bare metal" clone too so can restore to different
computer--I think just strips the drivers.

Academic discount so didn't cost me very much.

   Incremental something or other, Mike