Re: [OM] E-M5 EVF delay, again

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 EVF delay, again
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:23:43 -0500
Very interesting, Ed.  Peter's measurements
EVF on "standard" frame rate (120 fps):  394 ms
EVF on "Fast" frame rate (240 fps):     266 ms
Bare-eyed:                 238 ms
show that the delay imposed by the EVF with the fast frame rate is only
28 ms.  That's faster than the EOS 1v's time to open the mirror.  Can we
say that the response time of the E-M5 (without shutter shock enabled)
is actually faster than an SLR?  I'm sure some here wouldn't want to
admit that but I think the data says so.  And, as I posted here earlier,
I don't think it makes any sense to leave shutter shock delay enabled
for sports photography where both camera and subject are moving fast and
resolution will necessarily be significantly reduced by motion blur.

Chuck Norcutt