Re: [OM] E-M5 EVF delay, again

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 EVF delay, again
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:54:47 +0800
I use a simple way to check the system response time, run a online stopwatch
like this one:

http://stopwatch.onlineclock.net/

I ask my wife to press the mouse button, when I hear the click sound I press
the shutter release. After some testes, the results were below 90ms with a few
exception due to human error.

This method does not see the LCD display delay (if any) but you can also run
the stopwatch continously, press the shutter and note the reading before the
shutter open and compare it with the shot result, I see something around 1XXms.

The camera under test was E-PL1 with manual focus and IS turn off. The result
seems not bad but I don't know if this method really works.

I had bad experience shooting birds with E-PL1 and manual Zuikos, the shutter
delay was too long but problem was solved after I disabled the IS.

C.H.Ling