Re: [OM] PhotoShop CC

Subject: Re: [OM] PhotoShop CC
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 02:25:30 +1030
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:33:03AM -0500, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> So, at the moment, it appears that my camera trading is going to be
> restricted to whatever is supported in CS6.  Beyond that I may still be
> forced to pay the tax (whatever it is at the time) or find another raw
> processor (if it exists then) that's as good as ACR.
>
> ps:  My parting words to the rep were that he had just lost a customer.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Chuck,

It may be worth keeping an eye on Dave Coffin's DCRAW and the compiled
derivative, UFRAW (both free software). It may not be native for your
editor (unless you use The GIMP), but will preprocess for you with a few
different standard output formats (which I assume can be imported to
your fave editor), and you can apply some basic filtering and curve
adaptions (which *I think* you can set and forget if you want).

I have found from experience that later revisions quite happily
understand  EM-5 .ORF output.  :)

davidt