Re: [OM] [OT] Firewalls and other (mostly Linux related) network securit

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Firewalls and other (mostly Linux related) network security questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:08:46 -0500
My occasional use of GRC's Shields Up is one the the things that caused
me to ask the question.  My machine is invisible on the web and I'm sure
it's the router and not anything else.

If I had a bank that demanded that I use IE for on-line banking I'd
simply get another bank.  I have two banks, one in NY and the other in
Florida.  Neither require IE.  But neither does that lend me any
assurance that banking there is secure.

Chuck Norcutt