Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of the palmetto state...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of the palmetto state...
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:31:20 -0500
The comment about I-95 in Georgia is that it is, as I remember, 6 lanes
all the way; whereas in SC it is only four. We had bad stop-and-go
traffic close to the Georgia border, yet it cleared out once we got to
the border and was just fine into Savannah (the 6 lanes for you). I must
have been lucky as I-95 was a dream, aided by (IIRC) a 70mph posted
limit. Of course, I've only driven this once.....

Incidentally, we left from the Great White North on Dec 27 (Saturday);
did Richmond to Savannah on Dec 28th (Sunday) and Savannah to Naples on
Dec 29th. We hit one accident on I-95 in SC and someway out of Savannah
and took a two lane to bypass it.

We went from i-95 to i-75 across country, starting just west of
Jacksonville, which included a diversion to see the Villages.

Thanks for the comments on I-81. I'd been on that road to Lessburg once
in the mid-late 80s. There was much less traffic back then.

Martin