Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of the palmetto state...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of the palmetto state...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:06:15 -0500
I never mess around with hurricanes (I've been through 3 of them
including Andrew in 1992) but, with respect to climate change, I'm not
concerned.  Contrary to what you read in the popular press, global
tropical cyclone frequency and total accumulated energy have been on the
decline since 1994.  Scroll about 3/4 of the way down on this page to
see graphs of the data <http://models.weatherbell.com/tropical.php>
The same is true for land-falling hurricanes in the US and F3 or greater
tornadoes.  Whether also true of F1 and F2 no one knows.  These days
doppler radar sees every tornado. Prior to doppler radar there were
likely many F1/F2 tornadoes that took place in remote places and were
never observed.  There's no reliable history on the lesser ones.

ps:  Only climate models have predicted greater frequency or intensity
of storms.  The actual data says otherwise.

Chuck Norcutt