Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:21:52 -0800
On 1/13/2014 3:05 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Yes, when DPReview covered the Minolta A2 (8MP) they said the lens (the
> same as used on the Minolta A1) could not measure up to the sensor's
> increased pixel count.  But I always wanted an A2 anyhow since it had a
> higher resolution EVF which is the A1's real weak point in pixel count.
>
> Hmmm.  I see I can't prove what I just said.  The review of the A2 has
> been somehow "disappeared" from DPReview's site.

I'll bet you looked under Minolta. Review of Konica Minolta A2 is here.

Page 17, Compared to:

"The DiMAGE A2's 7x zoom lens is showing its age and really can't deliver
consistently high resolution to this tiny
eight megapixel sensor."

Page 19, Compared to:

"In last place and as we had expected the Konica Minolta A2 whose lens and
image processing let it down, especially for
vertical resolution where the resolution chart picked up a lot of moire
artifacts and limited resolution."

Archivist Moose