Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 17:30:57 -0500
Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, I would take a 24, 35, 50, 75, and 90 at least.

I'd be inclined to just buy the 12-40 2.8 Oly, reportedly rather
good and giving 24-80 equivalent. Not as fast as some of
the lenses you mention, but on digital you can raise ISO.

Camera might be anything from a used Panny G1 to shiny
new OM-D depending on availability & budget. My first
choice would likely be Panny GX-7, their only product with
in-body IS. Reportedly that is not nearly as good as Oly IS,
but it is cheaper & sometimes bundled with the 20/1.9.

Add one more lens, any of Oly 60 macro, Oly 75 or an
adapter and any good lens you already have in the
75-135 range.