Re: [OM] OT: Home laser printer

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Home laser printer
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 09:33:26 -0800
Just retired my old Samsung LP. It was still going but making a dying
guinea hen sound. Replaced by an HP P1102w on sale around Black Friday
for which I paid $90 including shipping. I wanted a wireless printer
because the only irritation of the old Samsung was that my wife and
daughter had to turn on my computer in order to print. I was very
tempted by the little HP color laser which was on sale at the same time
for about $130-ish. Now I wish that I'd gotten it. If you do get the HP
I suggest that you call HP sales (in ID) They will beat the advertised
price and give you free shipping. The sales people have a bit of
discretionary "cash" to hand out each day if you ask. This is in the
form of a credit back to your cc upon shipping.

  So far it has been working flawlessly. Easy to set up on Win7 and 8, a
little harder with XP since it doesn't have the drivers. Also like the
very small footprint. Reccommended if you go with HP but don't rule out
Samsung in that price range.

Oh yeah, pick up an extra toner when you buy and get more $$ off.

Mike