Re: [OM] Fuji X Pro 1 image number sequencing

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji X Pro 1 image number sequencing
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:07:11 -0800
On 12/26/2013 11:11 AM, John Hudson wrote:
> The image number sequencing on the camera screen follows this pattern:
>
> 100-0001 to 100-9999
> 101-0001 to 101-9999
>
> until 999-9999 when the memory card will need reformatting.
>
> The image number sequencing on the memory card follows this pattern:
>
> DSCF0001.RAF to DSCF9999.RAF after which I either have to reformat the card
> or the numerics revert back to 0001.

See page 81 of the manual. As with some other brands, when it reaches 9999, it
starts a new subdirectory on the card
with number 0001. It could have been better written.

You will see on the card directory structure:
x:
   DCIM
100
     101
     102

999-9999 would be one shot short of 1 million frames - pretty unlikely.

> Can anyone who is also using an X Pro 1 please tell me whether it is
> possible to change the " DSCF " part of the on-card image file name to
> something of my choosing, and if so how, or whether " DSCF " is a permanent
> fixture.

Some makes allow some level of customization. It appears Fuji does not. Image
download software often allows custom
renaming patterns. FastStone and Picture Information Extractor are two that
come to mind.

BTW, DSCF stands for "Digital Still Camera Fujifilm". DCIM is for "Digital
Camera Image Management", used as a standard
to allow software to identify folders of image files on flash memory cards.

> The X Pro 1 instruction book makes no reference to the memory card
> image file sequencing issue.

Again, poorly written, but there on page 81.

> I am using an older version of Silkypix as the RAW DSCFnnnn.RAF file
> converter to a TIF format.

I have read that it is a painful thing to use. My Panny GX7 came with it, but
I've not installed it.

Numbered Moose