Re: [OM] Trouble in paradise--A7r

Subject: Re: [OM] Trouble in paradise--A7r
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:00:43 -0600
> I have a perhaps foolish presumption that the main reason for a 36 MP, FF
> sensor camera with no AA filter is to capture
> lots and lots of super fine detail, for large prints and/or the ability to
> crop extensively. If that's not it, and the
> reason is to enjoy one's old, MF lenses, what possible purpose is there in
> going with the A7r? In that case, why not the
> A7, with which you get EFC, and thus no shutter shock issues?

This is similar to the vast discussions about the merits of the Nikon
D800 vs. D800e. I believe that at this moment, we really don't know
how the cameras are going to shake out (sorry) over the long term.
That's why I'm a little glad I'm waiting a couple more months before
getting either the A7 or A7R. I like the price of the A7 and also the
EFC (Electronic First Curtain). There are also other advantages to it.
Frankly, if I can't make halfway decent stuff with a measly 24MP, I
need to find another interest. I've only been thinking of the A7R
because of future-proofing.

AG

--
Ken Norton