Re: [OM] Well, dangit

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, dangit
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 16:53:54 -0500
For day hiking, I like a photo vest and a small waist belt.  Two cameras
hang off my shoulders, extra batteries and cards in my waist belt, extra
lenses in my vest.  It's all balanced.  When I'm traveling on a plane, I
take a small bag that will fit under the seat and a larger roll-on for
overhead.  The small bag - either a Billingham, a Domke or a Timbuktu or
one that my daughter custom made for me - serves for city walks.  The
larger one is a Delsey that I won in a photo contest.  It holds everything
I might possibly need and my computer but is compact, padded, and durable.

Tina

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/17/2013 7:11 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> > ...  I've since bought a LowePro sling
> > bag (Lowepro Slingshot 102 AW).  It holds more stuff and it's easy to
> > get to the camera with grip/lens/hood/flash installed but I don't have
> > any real carry/shooting experience with it yet.
>
> The Slingshots fooled me. I tried one one in a store, fooled with it a
> bit, tried to imaging using it in the field, and
> bought the slightly larger 200 AW (bigger camera and lenses then.) When I
> tried it out on paths, in fields, woods, etc.,
> we just didn't click.
>
> I may try it again, now that I have a completely different mix of gear ...
> I still like the idea of the sling, but ...
> Bags are so darn personal.
>
> > Here's an Amazon link
> > <
> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003656Q7C/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_tr_M3T1_ST1_dp_1
> >
> > but the price I paid a few months ago was more than $10 less than the
> > $58.75 shown here. Wait until after the holidays I guess. :-)
>
> $50, with free shipping at B&H.
>
> Baggy Moose
>
> --
> --