Re: [OM] Well, dangit

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, dangit
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 21:14:39 -0600
Mine is the Slingshot 300AW. What I meant to say, but my iPad wouldn't
let me, is that the zippers are of a too small size. The Top and side
compartments open and close fine one-handed, but the main compartment
doesn't. It always binds on the corners.

There is a whole lot of uncomfortable awkwardness to this bag. It's
kinda like having a signer watching angels fly while the presidents of
nations are speaking.

AG

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I never noticed that on my 120AW.  I just tried all 4 zippers
> one-handed. The big camera/lens compartment can bind on the turns
> sometimes depending on how fast you're pulling it.  Pull it slowly or
> jerkingly and it *sometimes* binds on the turn.  Pull it quickly and
> smoothly and it slides around like butter.  The 3 smaller compartments
> (two curved, one straight) I can't make bind at all.  Nothing in my own
> tests would eliminate this bag on the basis of zippers.  If I have any
> complaint it's that it holds more than I need it to and is, therefore
> larger than needed.  YMMV
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 12/17/2013 6:12 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>>> The Slingshots fooled me. I tried one one in a store, fooled with it a bit,
>>> tried to imaging using it in the field, and bought the slightly larger 200
>>> AW (bigger camera and lenses then.) When I tried it out on paths, in
>>> fields, woods, etc., we just didn't click.
>>
>> My "I agree with Moose" shirt is fitting a little tight right now, but
>> it's being worn. The Slingshots seem to be just wrong on multiple
>> levels. Probably my biggest gripe of all is the zipper. It's of a
>> large enough tooth size and binds if you try opening or closing with
>> one hand. My favorite Lowepro bag remains my 19 year old Elite 35.
>>
> --

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.zone-10.com