Re: [OM] Vietnam in 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Vietnam in 2014
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:36:48 -0400
"Without having people shoot at me" reminds me of what an Israeli athlete
once shouted out as he passed me by running on a secondary road in southern
British Columbia in the early 1990s.

We were manning a Rotary Club aid station one blazing hot  [>35C] August
Sunday afternoon south of Penticton, BC handing out slices of orange, cold
water soaked sponges and cups of cold water during the completion of an
Ironman Triathlon [2.4 miles swimming, followed by a 112 miles up and down
steep hills bike ride sprint and then a full marathon running [26.2 miles]]
when said runner shouted out that having cold water to go and no hidden
snipers from Hezbollah was just the best thing on earth.

The next runner [from Seattle, Washington] came by ......... looked like he
had not shaved for 30 days .......... and was barefoot on road pavement hot
enough to fry an egg.  Anyone tried cycling 112 miles barefoot and running
26.2 miles barefoot on very hot secondary road pavement ?

jh