Re: [OM] Vietnam in 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Vietnam in 2014
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 22:21:05 -0600
> After all this time, I dunno. If I were to go back, which is highly unlikely,
> I'd want to hit Saigon for sure, the central highlands if I could (Pleiku),
> and Hue and environs, for sure. I'd love to get out into the A Shau Valley
> without having people shooting at me. Pretty country, that. The Mekong Delta
> might be a photog's paradise. China Beach near Da Nang is lovely. Wouldn't
> mind going north, either. Vinh would be of interest to me, but strictly for
> nostalgia's sake. Hanoi would be high on the list as well. Even farther north
> and west would be interesting, as I've never seen much out of that area.

I generally wouldn't use them for reference material, but Top Gear's
Vietnam adventure on motorcycles is simply wonderful. Some of the best
television ever. They did an exceptional job of covering the people
and places through their wild and whacky trip. Grab yourself a big
bowl of popcorn and settle in. Probably my second most favorite Top
Gear episode. The Toyota truck destruction being my favorite. (I'm
laughing and crying myself silly when the building implodes and down
it goes).

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx