Re: [OM] FFFF - Never shoot into the sun

Subject: Re: [OM] FFFF - Never shoot into the sun
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 23:07:24 -0500
I like them all.  I prefer this one to the first version but it isn't
bad either... it's just a very different picture.

What evil was supposed to befall you for shooting into the sun?  But do
be careful.  Pointing any optical instrument into the sun can be
dangerous to you and/or the instrument... depending.

The worst case I know of was a guy observing the sun using a refracting
telescope with heavy ND filtration at the eyepiece.  But the eyepiece
heated up so much that the lens elements heated up inside the confines
of their cells and expanded until the glass exploded.  True?  Can't be
internet lore... it didn't exist at the time. :-)

Chuck Norcutt