Re: [OM] FFFF - Never shoot into the sun

Subject: Re: [OM] FFFF - Never shoot into the sun
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:57:24 +1100
Indeed. I'm writing a little book about how to use a Box Camera (whoops,
another bit of shameless self-promotion?). Shooting into the sun when you have
one shutter speed, one aperture and a one element meniscus lens, as most people
did, was a recipe for disaster.
And one other thing that suddenly occurred to me is that with a Box you had to
make your shot - you actually took people out into the sunshine for a
photograph. Anything but good midday light was pretty much unusable so taking a
photograph became an event. I'd forgotten that and I suspect so have most of us
with all the 'features' that we now have.
Pass me my Brownie!

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com