Re: [OM] OT:Advice on internet video streaming to TV

Subject: Re: [OM] OT:Advice on internet video streaming to TV
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:01:45 -0500
This caught my attention today.
<http://www.roku.com/products/compare>
Any of the Roku products provides far more channels
<http://www.roku.com/now-playing> than anything else I've seen and, in
particular, the Roku 3 has provision for a wired ethernet connection as
well as wi-fi.

The Panasonic Blu-Ray player mentioned before would plug into the only
extra HDMI port and preclude the use of another HDMI streaming device.
If I plugged a Roku into that port I'd still be able to use the old DVD
player already there which uses component video/audio with RCA jacks.
Not a problem since I have no Blu-Ray discs. The main TV has 4 HDMI
ports so can support both an HDMI streaming device and the Blu-Ray player.

Chuck Norcutt