Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?--Novel, practical EVF lag

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?--Novel, practical EVF lag
From: Daniel Sepke <dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:48:36 -0500
As a recent buyer for the EM-1 but having owned the E-1 through E-5 and a
smattering of the E-xxx models I can see a clear evolution of the menu design
through each iteration. The EM-1 is to me a clear improvement on the E-5 both
visually and with better coupling of actions attached to the control dials. In
particular the way that the UI has "scales" at the top and bottom of the
display attached to the respective dials. That just clicked for me way better
than it ever did on the E-5.

The EM-1 also has some customization  on the arrow keypad though not as well
executed as on the E-xxx series which behaved similarly to how Moose describes
on his current Panny body. A bonus to switching that feature on is it stops the
"wandering" focus points issue.

I won't disagree that the menu is huge and ponderous but I guess 90% is set and
forget. This has been my experience of using the Olympus menus since the E-1.

Dan S