Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?--Novel, practical EVF lag

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?--Novel, practical EVF lag
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 20:11:28 -0600
> You obviously were spoiled by your years with the E-1.  I felt the same
> way.  These days, I try to do any necessary menu adjustments before
> starting a shoot. :-)

Yes, you are correct. The E-1's menu system was the start of horrid,
and it only went downhill from there. Fortunately, once configured,
the camera really was pretty good at letting you shoot without needing
to dumpster dive the menus. My DMC-L1 is better in some regards, but
worse in others. It's like for 90% of what you need to do, the control
interface is better than most anything else out there, but for the 10%
that you have to go diving for, you scratch your head asking yourself
"why?"

An example of this is that it takes a minimum of seven button presses
to protect a single image.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx