Re: [OM] OT: bike stand

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: bike stand
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 16:54:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/11205936823/
>
>Never mind the stand, I was admiring the bike. That fork looks pretty
>relaxed and looks like it can absorb a bit of road harshness.

     It's a 1982 Centurion Accordo that I picked up in a Goodwill store for
just $15.  I had intended to just strip it for parts until I saw a lable under
the saddle that said it was a chrome molybdenum (Chromoloy) frame, and after
looking up the history of it I decided instead to restore it.  The front wheel
was not original and was worth a lot of money, so I built a new correct one.
The chain was almost solid rust, and it took 2 days to get the freewheel off.
Boiled the chain and freewheel in used motor oil for 2 hours, and spent a week
cleaning one part at a time, starting from the rear and working towards the
front.  Found an original saddle on eBay and the rear reflector bracket in a
bin of used parts in the local co-op repair shop.  It's a real joy to ride.

Chris