Re: [OM] OT: bike stand

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: bike stand
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 10:11:29 -0700

> >Similar to this product which has been around for a number of years and
> >is available in the UK I believe:
> >
> >http://www.click-stand.com/
> >

>      That's every bit as nice.  I liked the various bikes shown on that
web page.

    I just tried replicating one of these using a monopod and a VersaRest,
and the results were nearly disasterous!  Unless you have some way of fully
applying one of the brakes, the bike will roll forwards or backwards and
subsequently fall over.  The Kickstarter stand remains vastly superior as it
is rigly attached to the bike, and its' shorter length makes it less likely
to bend and fail.

    However, the inventor and machinist in me sees an alternative.  Looks
like an interesting rainy day project, of which we will have a few this
coming weekend.

    Was that proper apostrophe usage?