Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechan

Subject: Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:54:57 -0500
It just occurred to me that the 2013 Chrysler might have some different
locking behavior if the key was not in my pocket.  The key communicates
with the car by radio and the doors will unlock by pulling the handle if
the key is in your pocket or else close by.  It also seems to be aware
of where the key is.

When I got out of the car a few days ago I turned the engine off but
pressed the start button again to turn the instrument panel and radio
back on so she could listen to music.  My wife said after I came back
that the car had posted a message on the Nav panel saying: "The key has
left the vehicle."  After almost a year of ownership it continues to
surprise us with little tidbits like that.

Chuck Norcutt