Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:01:39 -0500
I was reading an article just recently about the number of
microprocessors in modern cars.  I don't recall the exact number but 168
seems to be in the ball park... up from the 90 or so of my 1999 Chrysler
LHS.  The article said the vast majority of these processors are either
4 or 8 bit devices but the upper end of the hierarchy will usually
contain 2-3 32 bit processors of roughly equal power to an Intel 386.

Chuck Norcutt