Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechan

Subject: Re: [OM] Car door locks, was: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:19:25 -0500
Yup, tempus fugit.  We also made another (not quite) grand tour in 2011.
  We went as far as California since I had to attend my 50th high school
reunion in La Puente, CA as well as the 50th reunion of my high school
class in Battle Creek, MI.  I obviously didn't graduate from there (left
for California as a sophomore) but got invited anyhow.  Since there were
scheduled events in both Michigan and California it dictated when we
started out.  Since we didn't leave until October it was too late to do
a northern route again and we angled diagonally across the country from
Michigan to So. Cal. with a lot of time spent in national parks and
other attractions in Colorado.

We also tried to follow what bits of US 66 we could find since I had
very fond memories of it as I'd crossed over it a couple of times as a
lad.  That led us through Joplin, Missouri where we very unexpectedly
found ourselves driving through the devastation of the big tornado.
Nothing but concrete floor slabs with pipes sticking up for about 1/4
mile or more on either side of the road.

Chuck Norcutt