Re: [OM] Partial Solar Eclipse

Subject: Re: [OM] Partial Solar Eclipse
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 08:56:08 -0600
When we get closer, I'll watch the forecasts.  There are a number of spots
along the path that are approximately the same driving distance.  Actually,
Sheri would like to look at the map and pick a spot that's more exciting
than Steeleville - she may have a point there.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> You might want to have a Plan B for bad weather.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 11/6/2013 10:24 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> > In order to do advanced planning for a 2017 road trip, I discovered the
> map
> > that shows the path of the eclipse over North America.
> >
> > Imagine my delight in discovering that the period with the longest view
> of
> > the eclipse process PASSES RIGHT OVER THE TOWN I GREW UP IN.
> >
> > That's right, humble little Steeleville, IL.
> >
> > I'm guessing that I might be visiting there on August 21st, 2017,
> > especially since I know there are plenty of open rural spaces to set up a
> > camera...
> >
> > Sorry.  Didn't mean to type in all caps.  But I'm just a bit giddy with
> > excitement now...
> >
> > More info here:  http://www.eclipse2017.org/eclipse2017_main.htm
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
> chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> Count on it whether we've moved to Murrells Inlet or not.  :-)
> >>
> >> Chuck Norcutt

> >> searching
> >> for
> >> one.

> >> --
> >>

> --

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard