Re: [OM] Partial Solar Eclipse

Subject: Re: [OM] Partial Solar Eclipse
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 09:24:02 -0600
In order to do advanced planning for a 2017 road trip, I discovered the map
that shows the path of the eclipse over North America.

Imagine my delight in discovering that the period with the longest view of
the eclipse process PASSES RIGHT OVER THE TOWN I GREW UP IN.

That's right, humble little Steeleville, IL.

I'm guessing that I might be visiting there on August 21st, 2017,
especially since I know there are plenty of open rural spaces to set up a
camera...

Sorry.  Didn't mean to type in all caps.  But I'm just a bit giddy with
excitement now...

More info here:  http://www.eclipse2017.org/eclipse2017_main.htm

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Count on it whether we've moved to Murrells Inlet or not.  :-)
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 11/6/2013 9:17 AM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
> >     I'm really excited about the one in 2017. I've already begun
> searching
> > Google Maps to find the perfect location for a number of photos I would
> > like to take. I've also got to get the exposure times worked out better
> for
> > the Thousand Oak solar filter I have.
> >    Chuck, if you are in the area then, we should get together for this
> one.
> >
> > Charlie
> --

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard