Re: [OM] GX7 IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] GX7 IBIS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 13:16:27 -0800
On 11/3/2013 12:13 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:
> I shoot mainly with WA lenses, so the tele performance is not a big
> consideration.

Should be fine.

> Also, I was once good with long teles on non stabilized film
> cameras, that was just a technique that photographers were expected to
> learn.

Yeah, I did too, as well as enforced learning to hold firearms steady. I
generally have quite a steady hand. Still, IS
just adds to that.

> Still at the top of my list. The EP5 is on the bottom, killed off by
> the Panny approach to VF.

Huh, just looked at the GX7 again, and tweaked to what the viewfinder on the
far left might mean to a right eyed
shooter. Having never used Leicas and that ilk, I really have no idea if it
would bother me. Guess I do have to get one
in my hands.

Fortunately, our local real camera shop has just moved to new, much more
spacious quarters, with a special 'camera bar'
with soft, silicone top so one may try cameras without worrying oneself or the
store about scratching them up.

I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot. They've been within
walking distance of the Cal campus since 1971,
and a fair amount of the clientele I've seen has been students. They're now far
from campus, but far more freeway
accessible. I certainly wish them well in the new venture. A visit is in order.

I. S. Moose