Re: [OM] GX7 IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] GX7 IBIS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 12:00:50 -0800
On 11/3/2013 11:37 AM, Jim Couch wrote:
> Here is another opinion -
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/panasonic_gx7_review.shtml
> The short take, not quite as good as the OM-D but still good.

This is more what I was expecting. I'd assumed at first that Panny was
licensing the two axis system from Oly. There's
already a lot of cross licensing going on and Oly isn't going to use their two
axis system in any future higher end
cameras. It would be foolish for Panny to spend the time and money to re-invent
that wheel if they don't have to.

That would also agree with my experience using E-M5 and E-PM2 side by side.
When grabbing the 60/2.8 Macro lens, I would
put it on one or the other, depending on which other lens I wanted mounted on
the other camera.

The 60/2.8 is almost amazingly sharp, and it has become clear to me that there
IS a difference in IS with this lens at
macro magnifications. I also use the 75-300 on the E-M5 and 12-50 on E-PM2 for
the better IS at long focal lengths.

If the Panny IBIS is comparable to the older Oly two axis system, it's pretty
good and quite adequate for everything but
very high magnification, whether Macro or super tele.

I. S. Moose