Re: [OM] Pervasive Windows file system bug and E-M5 date/time failure

Subject: Re: [OM] Pervasive Windows file system bug and E-M5 date/time failure
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:02:05 -0800
On 11/3/2013 6:12 PM, DZDub wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Picture Information Extractor is a free app for viewing EXIF data and
>> other stuff. I don't particularly like it for,
>> and thus don't use it for, that. But it has a terrific download function
>> that beats anything else I could find. If they
>> would separate it from the rest of the thing, I'd pay a few $ for it.
>
> What do you use it to download? If it beats everything else, what is it
> beating it at?  Thanks.

Image files from flash cards. I put a card in the computer, one of the Autoplay
options is PIE*, I click on it or hit
enter and PIE comes up with a dialog box for downloading from the card.

It keeps profiles for my different cameras, complete with highly flexible
naming options, including sub directories for
Raw files and video. If the last one I used isn't what I need, I select the
correct profile. It puts the files in a
directory named by date in the proper place, JPEGs in the directory, Raw files
for Oly in an ORF subdirectory, for Canon
in a CR2 subdirectory and videos in a Video subdirectory.

It flips the archive bit off on the card as it downloads each file, so when I
plug in a card, it only downloads new
files. Slick, quick, simple.

What's Not to Like Moose

* I could make it the default action, so it opens automagically, but sometimes
I want to do something else with an
inserted flash card.