Re: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring questi

Subject: Re: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring questi
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 23:30:35 -0400 (EDT)
>>>If it has L & R inputs, chances are it's a dual-coil driver. If you
wanted to drive it in mono, which I think you can, you'd just pick one.
Not sure how the power rating works that way. But you >>>could >>>take
the summed .1 output from the AVR and feed it into the bridged amp, and
drive it that way. Does your spare amp have bridging circuitry?

>>>What is the older passive sub?  I can look at how it's configured.

The spare amp is designed to be bridged for mono as an option so it is
waay easy. Release one screwed down switch and wire in the speaker
slightly differently.

The passive sub is a one-of so no clue how it is wired.  I think it has
a gentle 6db/octave crossover at about 90 Hz---the  main satellites
were then wired to the passive sub.  Hmmm,
just one channel needs to be driven, makes it easy. Thanks for thinking
about this.

Mike