Re: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring questi

Subject: Re: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring questi
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 09:21:56 -0600
Sounds like a Bose.

I've got a Bose speaker system at home, which has dual inputs from the
amp and the satellite speakers plug into it. The passive crossover is
built-in. It works and works extremely well. There are dual drivers in
the cabinet, though, for left and right. It's actually pretty fun
listening to it wheeze when you feed it an out of phase low signal.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 9:30 PM,  <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> wanted to drive it in mono, which I think you can, you'd just pick one.
> Not sure how the power rating works that way. But you >>>could >>>take
> the summed .1 output from the AVR and feed it into the bridged amp, and
> drive it that way. Does your spare amp have bridging circuitry?

> The spare amp is designed to be bridged for mono as an option so it is
> waay easy. Release one screwed down switch and wire in the speaker
> slightly differently.
>
> The passive sub is a one-of so no clue how it is wired.  I think it has
> a gentle 6db/octave crossover at about 90 Hz---the  main satellites
> were then wired to the passive sub.  Hmmm,
> just one channel needs to be driven, makes it easy. Thanks for thinking
> about this.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> --