Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:49:47 -0600
>> If I was picking now, I'd have a 6D
>> with wide zoom, short tele zoom and something longer. And an OM adaptor.
> I'm halfway there myself.

I shot everything last night with just the 28/2. It has rapidly become
my favorite glue-on lens.  Not quite sure why I had two bags full of
cameras and lenses.

For event/wedding photography, I'm still a big fan of zooms. The
35-80/2.8 remains a masterpiece of a lens for this application. Just a
little on the long side at the short end and a little short on the
long end, but otherwise, it just rocks. "Back in the day", with medium
format, our wide angle, normal and telephoto lenses all had about the
same angular coverage as the 35-80. Of course, the 35-80 is just a
masterpiece of a lens no matter what.

The 6D seems like one of those "just right" cameras--I'll say that
it's close. Where it slips, it's still within the "ho-hum" category.
No major deal-breakers. It's not the beauty queen, but it doesn't howl
at the moon either. Just a nice wholesome girl to take home to meet
the folks.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx