Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:49:41 -0600
> Not for me. Sure it will be for some folks. When I'm ready, all the
> FourThirds stuff will go.

Now that's kinda interesting. I have my own reasons for bailing out of
Olympus digital, but what is it that has turned you off? Have they
pee'd in your Fruit Loops too? It seems to me that Olympus has a very
well refined m43 product line right now that should be tweeking your
interest.

- The lenses!  There are some really sweet lenses. (And a couple glaring holes)

- The bodies!  I still say the E-P5 smokes it. Haven't seen/tried the
new high-end Panasonic yet, but it looks good.

- The Image Quality! There really isn't much to not like. Olympus/Sony
did a good job in that department.

An argument could be made that Canon surely isn't setting the world on
fire right now. That's partially true, as all their products are
pretty evolutionary only. Nikon went into a lull for a while, but came
out of it this past year. But Apple hasn't been very innovative for a
long time, either. (Is Tim Cook destroying Apple? Is he secretely
working for Bill Gates?)

But back to the question. When list pillars like Moose and Chuck have
donned the blue lab coats and learned the Olympus company song, that
should have lined all the rest of us up to salute the phoenix, which
is Olympus, rising up from the ashes of corporate suicide. Yet, they
didn't. For every person on this list who bought an OM-D, there's
somebody who bought a Fuji. And then there are those who have
purchased Nikons, Canons, Pentax, Ricohs and Sonys.

Like I said, I can only speak for myself, and even at that, there is
no real agreement among all the parties involved.

AG Schnozz

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx