Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:52:42 -0600
> The idea of overlay on the EVF and the ability to adjust brightness is a
> plus. I did think I'd be able to live with the Sony. At a push. If there
> was nothing else out there, probably.

Oh, when it comes to overlays... There are few things that boil my
goat like having the entire image covered up with stupid and
superficial data. Do I REALLY need to know all the time what my drive
mode, exposure mode, white balance, how many thousands of pictures
left on the memory card, focus mode, and image quality is? Not to
mention the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, boost setting, flash mode,
flash setting, image stabilization and picture mode? Oh, and histogram
and guides. Oops. I forgot the tilt indicator and WiFi settings. Don't
forget the focus squares.

The problem is that you can't choose JUST those items you want. The
manufactures decide for you that you have like three choices: Nothing,
Worthless, and Complete obscureness. Fortunately, both Olympus and
Fuji have a couple choices that actually are pretty close, but still.

It is critical to me to have the image area completely barren from
overlay information. I feel like I'm looking through a bug splattered
windshield complete with bug-bows. In fact, I'm so sensitive to this
that I couldn't use the 1-13 screens in my OMs because the center
circle area was messing up my eyeflow too much.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx