Re: [OM] Hellooo? Maybe another Hrd of Nils? [was OK, which do you like

Subject: Re: [OM] Hellooo? Maybe another Hrd of Nils? [was OK, which do you like better?]
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:13:14 -0500
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No opinion at all of my alternate solution to cropping this?
>
> I Don't Even Hear an Echo Moose
>
> > To me, the crop loses an important element, the guitar. I prefer a
> vertical crop that loses a lot of dead or overly busy
> > elements, while retaining (most of) the star and her guitar.
> > <
> http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Braun/Miss_Meaghan_Owens_II.htm>
> >
> > "Most of" is partly because of the coffee cup, which is a big
> distraction to me. I cleaned out the bottle top, but the
> > cup should have been moved before the shot. Sans cup and bottle, I'd
> leave more on the left. But not too much, as I like
> > the tight framing.

Sorry - I missed that one.  I do like your crop - still has the guitar, and
magically the cap is gone and there are strings and part of a finger.

Dang.  I had finally decided on a squarish crop that cut off just above the
bottlecap/cup but left the top of the guitar.  Now that I see yours, I like
it better.  Apparently, I need to learn some cloning skills, which will
then require me to get something more expensive than LR....

Thanks, ACM.
--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard