Re: [OM] OT: New grandson

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New grandson
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:09:21 -0600
> Fenugreek is a miraculous natural herb that is fantastic for increasing
> breast milk.

DD#1 just turned 16 two days ago. Yes, 16. (help me).

Anyway, so 16 years ago, my wife was going to do this right. Breast
feed, cloth diapers... Unfortunately, zee ol glands wouldn't produce.
Nada. Nothing. Dry as a bone. Poor thing was dehydrating and starving
to death. Every time we were about to throw in the towel, the
"Lactation Nazis" (1) would stop us and guilt trip us as we were
obviously not doing something right. OK, so we got five drops of
something.

We finally did what we knew we had to do and bottle fed her. It was
actually a scary time, because she was literally starving to death.
Unfortunately, the guilt trip was huge and I think we felt bad about
it the whole time she was on the bottle.

When DD#2 came along, 14 months later, she again tried to BF, but
again, those wells came up dry. Guilt didn't last too long and even
doing everything "correct" with all the herbs and so forth didn't help
one bit. DD#2, however, was intollerant of the regular formula, so we
had to use the alternative stuff (soy based) the entire time.

Cloth Diapers? LOL, that lasted until the first major bowel blast.(2)

Oh, and a few months after the birth of DD#2, my wife was diagnosed
with breast cancer. That has been quite the journey. (3)

(1). I call them the Lactation Nazis because of their extreme and
unforgiving attitude towards it. Formula is not only evil, but you are
absolutely failing your child by not doing it the CORRECT way.

(2). Green slime from another planet that took four or five washings to get out.

(3). "Overwhelmed" by Karen L Norton. Available from Amazon.
ISBN-10: 1617390682
ISBN-13: 978-1617390685

--
Ken Norton